This site is owned and operated by the Pennsylvania Health Care Quality Alliance (PHCQA). Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we collect and how we use it.
Information We Collect
We collect two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive electronic newsletters, and from participation in feedback and surveys.
- Information we gather through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to tailor our content to readers' needs and to help us better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does the PHCQA divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
We Collect User Information In The Following Processes
Optional Voluntary Information: We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches): We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. The PHCQA gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page.
- Feedback Form: Users of the feedback form are voluntarily choosing to share their thoughts about the website.
- Surveys: The PHCQA may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We review the aggregated demographic information in these surveys to better understand who is viewing our website. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
The PHCQA tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. The PHCQA does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser). The PHCQA sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Use Of Information
The PHCQA uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. The PHCQA never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners. When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters. The PHCQA creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for contributors and alliance members. This allows our contributors and alliance members to see how the website is performing. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Sharing The Information
The PHCQA uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience's demographics. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
The PHCQA operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.